Jul 2, 2010

Kookie's Take On Rainbow Cake

I got so excited about rainbow cake in my last entry, that I just had to give it a try for myself. I ended up doing six layers of cake: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I then slathered on some fluffy white frosting, and generously sprinkled it with rainbow sprinkles and little crystal marble beads.

Yes, the rainbow sprinkles were all rolled by hand and nooo it isn't edible - it's all clay!

By the way, I am holding a Summer Promotion right now in my Etsy Shop! From June 25th until July 25th, anyone who buys something in my shop will be entered in a draw to win a Monster Kookies $25.00 Gift Certificate. So get on over there and grab a little somethin' somethin', because now is the best time! :) Oh yeah, and that rainbow cake is in my shop, too.

5 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! I think it looks even better than the examples you showed. It looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake is so cutie and coloured!congrats for your creations!:-)
    Barbara^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cake! What technique did you use to give it texture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much! All I used is a safety pin to get the correct texture. Just a lot of poking and dragging of the pin.

    ReplyDelete