Jul 17, 2010

Mmm... Onions!

You know, when I was a kid I used to get into a lot of trouble when it came to putting my hands in the mixed pickle jar. I used to fish for all the pickled onions because they were my favourite part! Those lil' pearly white onions all succulent and sweet n' sour. Mmm.

A lady asked me to make her a cute lil' white pearl onion charm the other day, and this is what the result was.

I got to use a new clay layering technique for the subtle pink striping with the translucent white of the base. Instead of using acrylics, I though it would be fun doing something a little different. It's got three lil' grass green sprouts coming out the top and I used some tan knotted embroidery thread for some roots. I think I am happy with the result! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little story! Love the onion. It's adorable. Can't really see the pink striping you speak of in the photo, but it sounds pretty. The lady will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaat, really? You can't see the stripes on the onion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are thin, but I can see them. I think it makes it look realistic :L

    ReplyDelete