Aug 30, 2010

FanExpo 2010 = Good Times!

Monster Kookies had an awesome time at FanExpo 2010, this weekend! It was a fantastic event and there were so many awesome people there. :) I finally got to meet Sarah Norton of Beat Black and I also got to meet Daniel Proulx of Catherinette Rings - Daniel even bought one of my Industrial Hearts!

I bought a lovely ring from Catherinette Rings, and I also bought a creepy little Eyeball Plant from Ghoul Friday.

As for how successful Monster Kookies was, I'd say we did plenty well for ourselves. I had Jason, my partner in crime, with me. We sold out of many things, and only had a bit of stuff left by the end of the weekend. Surprisingly enough, it was more of the Monster Kookies higher priced items that sold out as opposed to the lower priced items - I was very sad (but also happy) to see all of my birdies and hearts go so fast. It was very rewarding for sure, and I can't wait to go back for a third year in 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Well done on your selling bonanza, I guess its because your expensive things are your more signature pieces.

    *does a tiny dance for your joy*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, meep_buster!

    It's true, though, most of my signature pieces are on the pricey side... but it makes me happy that people buy them because the reason they are pricey is that I put a lot of love and time into them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is fantastic news Kimberly! Great to hear someone did well at a show. I think this economy is really coming around. So glad that some of the more expensive stuff is selling too. Sounds like a positive trend. Of course your stuff is awesome, so there's no surprise there!

    ReplyDelete