Mar 16, 2012

The Big List of Monster Kookies Articles

It's been a LONG time since I last updated, hasn't it?

I've discovered how difficult it is to upkeep a journal AND a blog, so unfortunately this blog hasn't been written in for quite some time.

I will keep the blog up for the sake of all the articles and whatnot that I have created over the past few years, but I am also going to make more of an effort to update.

If you'd like to keep up with the latest Monster Kookie news, I regularly update my journal over at DeviantArt:

Monster Kookies Journal @ DeviantArt

Here are some of the interesting articles I have created over the years - all very helpful for someone wanting to learn more about Polymer Clay. It'll save you from having to go through everything! Enjoy. :)

MK Talks PC: Kaweco Fantasie Pens (video)

Baking Polymer Clay: Choosing Your Oven

The Dreaded White Clay

How To Scent Polymer Clay

Farewell, Fingerprints!















10 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR CHARMS!!!!! I make polymer clay jewelry too but your ideas are so cute!!!! Thanks for inspiring me to continue working with clay. :)
    -Jenna
    Follow me: chiccupcake1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work!!! Could you share your technique of painting and aging surfaces and textures? Thank you! If I was a rich person I would buy all your work, especially Industrial Creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!
      You should check out this ladies tutorial. It's quite good:
      http://fav.me/d1yact4

      Hope it helps! :D

      Delete
    2. The World of Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for all your tutorials and help! I have been wanting to scent polymer clay and make my own food charms (since I have a food blog "Suzie the Foodie") and you just made it possible for me. I love your sensibility too! I love all things spooky and potentially gory as well as cute and yummy. I was beginning to think I was the only one.

    Again, thank you, this yelps me a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and informarive site, now im new to all this so this is possibly a daft question but can you use wooden, paper mache, or such to fill out the bodies of sculptures or do i just use hoards of Fimo which can be a considerable cost bit of a loss here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, polymer clay can be a little expensive when you're making big things! The downside is that if you make really thick sculptures that the clay may never actually cure correctly deep in the middle of the piece, which may cause it to crack overtime. I definitely suggest an aluminum armature.

      Just make your basic shape out of crumpled aluminum foil, and make sure to squeeze it really well so that it's as solid as possible and isn't full of air pockets. It also results in a lighter sculpture! Build around the aluminum foil with clay. :) This is what I do for large pieces. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you this helps considerably, i think its great that you are so willing to help it is much appreciated. Love from the u.K. xx

      Delete
    3. No problem at all! I'm always glad to help. :) Love from Canada! :D

      Delete